The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic Translator to support the CCCAP office to translate documents from Chinese to English and from English to Chinese. The selected candidate will be supervised by the Operations Officer.
- Translates research documents, agreements, contracts etc. (Chinese to English and English to Chinese) based on literary expertise as much as bi-language fluency and via referring to reference materials as needed to ensure translation accuracy;
- Check original texts, translations of technical terms and terminology, or confer with the country liaison scientist as necessary to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material;
- Make flexible adaption to any update of reservation as necessary and update work progress with customers throughout the overall process at regular interval;
- Compile terminology and information to be used in translations, including technical terms such as those for potato breeding, molecular biology, late blight technology or project fund raising program;
- Develop specialized knowledge of different areas in translation process as necessary to help accuracy, efficiency and consistency;
- Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information of client;
- Effectively support on translation of established CCCAP terms and share of ready-for-use CCCAP proprietary slides on given case theme;
- Frequent business travel might be required to assist with consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services.
- Master’s degree translation, Linguistics, English Literature, Language or a related field is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience required in similar position.
- Good communication skills and great attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proven time management skills and ability to prioritize work under minimum supervision and tight deadline
- Advanced level of MS Office
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to transforming food, land and water systems in a climate crisis. Its research is carried out by 13 CGIAR Centers/Alliances in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. in English including your references, latest by June 26,2023. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.